My name is Sandra Elam. I’m a publications manager and senior technical writer with more than 20 years of experience.
What can I do for you?
I will develop excellent technical documentation, marketing materials, and training courses that meet your needs. My goal is to ensure superior quality of all materials—from technical accuracy to appropriate writing style to final proofreading. With my expert knowledge of relevant software tools such as Microsoft Word, FrameMaker, InDesign, Robohelp, Captivate, and Visio, I have the skills to get the job done and meet your deadline. I will take your writing project from concept to final production—on the web and in print. Working closely with you through each phase of a project, I will:
- Interview the subject matter experts to find out how a product works, research document requirements, and create the document outline and design to meet your style and formatting guidelines.
- Translate technical jargon into clear, concise language.
- Write a set of technical documents for your products, including software user guides, installation guides, operation and maintenance guides, specification sheets, and related web content.
- Design a coordinated set of marketing materials for your products, including catalogs, brochures, slick sheets, packaging, posters, banners, and promotional items.
- Maintain and upgrade your corporate website to ensure a fresh design and compelling content.
- Develop effective multimedia, web-based training courses that reduce field training costs.
What is my background?
I produce technical manuals, web publications, interactive training courses, and marketing materials for commercial and military customers. I am a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance, have a B.A. from the University of Maryland, and live in Northern Virginia.
I’ve worked for:
In these industries: