As publications manager, I have staffed and independently led teams of writers, editors, graphic designers, and trainers.
For each project, I plan, assign, and review all documentation, drawings, and training content.
I also develop documentation budgets, schedules, style guides, printer guidelines, file naming conventions, and configuration management procedures.
Technical Writing Highlights
- Designed and wrote a commercial documentation set that included user guides, quick-reference cards, installation guides, and maintenance instructions for the ACCOLADE wireless mesh telecommunications system for underground coal miners.
- Increased sales and resolved customer complaints by completely rewriting and delivering a set of professional user guides for L-3’s video surveillance software suite.
- Enhanced the effectiveness of L-3’s Help Desk by launching two Technical Support websites to store technical documentation and training materials.
Marketing Communications Highlights
- Designed marketing materials for the ACCOLADE telecommunications product line, including a catalog, slick sheets, packaging, posters, banners, mousepads, magnets, stickers, and caps. Produced all marketing materials for sales presentations and trade shows.
- Improved customer knowledge of L-3’s video surveillance software suite by developing an integrated set of multimedia training courses using Adobe Captivate and PowerPoint. Designed and wrote lessons; captured and edited software simulations; and recorded scripts incorporating video clips, audio voiceover, and photos.
- Planned and wrote technical documentation and training for a $326 million dollar contract with the U.S Marine Corps. The documentation received rave reviews from the customer, who uses it to operate their Tactical Video Capture System (TVCS). This system is used to train marines at bases around the world.
- Reduced field training costs and increased sales by creating Train-the-Trainer courses for customers desiring to train their own employees to use L-3 products. The courses include all electronic training files and the Train-the-Trainer binder filled with course outlines, course objectives, pre-tests, post-tests, student materials, and instructor notes.